“Made OF Sicily”, the big collective exhibition of painting, sculpture, photography, videoart and digital art that has involved 20 young Sicilian artists and that has been the launching event of Sicily&Sicilians, has come to an end!
The aim of the entire project has been to emphasize the “Sicilianity”: the tradition, the culture, the beauties of the territory, the food, the ethical values, the important historical personalities and everything that makes our territory so well-known and beloved.
The exhibition that started on the 9th of May, will end today on the 18th of May 2017. We have observed visitors coming from all over Sicily, Italy and also several foreign tourists. In addition, the event has been the perfect framework for five free workshops on social and cultural entrepreneurship aimed mainly at young people and high school and university students.
Here below you can find all the links of the materials and presentations used during the workshops:
- The design of a new business and the business model canvas, speech by Paola Di Rosa, founder of “AtFactory” and by Emilio Pursumal from “The Voice of New York”.
- Financing a new business: from calls to crowdfunding; the case of Borgo Vecchio Factory. Speech by Domenico Schillaci from “PUSH”
- Territorial marketing and project management for a 3.0 Sicily. Speech by Francesco Passantino from Palermo Startup Weekend and by Claudio Taschera from “CousCous Fest”.
- Project management in the cultural field: from concept to budget. Speech by Sandro Aglialoro from “Mostrami”.
- The design of a new business and project management. Speech by Sandro Aglialoro from “Mostrami” and by Amelia Bucalo Triglia from “Teatro del Fuoco”.
Here below you can find some other material:
- Some calls and startup competitions of which we have discussed during some workshops;
- An introduction to crowdfunding and a database of some sites treating this new type of financing;
- Our innovation map and a map of several innovative projects in Sicily.
The involvement and the enthusiasm of the young people represent two of the main achievements linked to Made OF Sicily. We hope that these materials can be useful for them. In addition, we would like to thank all the participants to the workshops and we would like to wish them a glorious future in their homeland.
For further information, doubts, curiosities… critiques (those are needed as well)… you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Furthermore, do not forget to follow our Facebook page, which is full of sparks about innovation, Sicilian startups, Sicilian culture and much more!